AlUla Festival - Saudi Arabia
Must have at least 2 years experience in editing content for social platforms, in particular TikTok and Snapchat. Must be an Arabic speaker.
Social Content Creation
This is freelance role
Aurora is looking for a content editor to create content edits for TikTok and Snapchat platforms as part of an exciting three month project working on the festival season in AlUla, Saudi Arabia. The content will cover a range of festival events across music, art, culture, wellness, fashion and heritage. The role will act as the main social editing resource for TikTok and Snaopchat content across the AlUla Moments festival social channels, creating original, innovative video content that firmly establishes the client’s presence on the platforms.
This is a freelance role for three months, with potential for follow on work. The role will sit as part of an embedded Aurora Digital team working onsite in AlUla, focused on creating content that drives meaningful engagements with the AlUla client social channels, in particular TikTok and Snapchat. The successful candidate must be able to speak and understand Arabic.
The successful candidate will need to be highly self-motivated, working with the initiative to take on responsibility while regularly communicating with senior stakeholders. Beyond creative editing expertise, analytical and communication skills are therefore fundamental, ensuring the wider Aurora Digital team maintains a strong understanding of the social platform optimisation techniques.
- Working alongside the Planning Producer and Production Manager for the project, support the client in creating and editing social video content across all relevant specs for YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Snapchat
- Guide the rest of the AMW team planning and capturing video & image content to ensure that content is suitable for the client’s social platforms
- The client will be responsible for publishing the content but this role will ensure all copy used on the videos / images is optimised towards platform best practice, developing and honing a Tone Of Voice that adheres to the client’s brand positioning.
- Work to a schedule of content editing ensuring the team can capitalise on key events and moments within both the local event and broader cultural calendar
- Work with the client teams and AMW team to use local regional trends, platform trends, and analytics to improve and optimise the content that is being created
- Communicate key platform updates to the internal stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience in editing content for social platforms, especially YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat - we are seeking social media serial users who can demonstrate a complete understanding of the platforms, resulting in the production of original content in either a personal or professional capacity
- Established experience using the Adobe Creative cloud. Adobe Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop are all essential skills
- Excellent copywriting, storytelling, and creative content development abilities
- Experience building and managing communities across social media, with an In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and audiences
- Experience working with UGC, with a knowledge and appetite for community engagement techniques, talking to and developing ideas with an audience
- Able to work in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment, including working with the initiative to take on responsibility and proactively problem solve
- Highly self-motivated individual, excellent at negotiating with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally across many different departments and stakeholders
- A full driving license is required to be able to drive to shoot locations in the region if required
- Arabic speaking and understand written Arabic would be advantageous, in order to work with the local client social team on post copy, text overlays etc.
- Love of sports, fashion, culture and lifestyle topics
- Good presentation skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good client liaison and communication
- Can do attitude
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc
- Regular Travel to shoots in the local area
- Tight deadlines to meet, unsocial hours
- Flexibility in working times including weekend working is needed for events
Please send in your CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter please include:
- Your rate
- Your yearly salary expectation
- Any showreels or links to content you have created and produced
At Aurora, we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all of our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from underrepresented groups and welcome applicants from individuals, regardless of their background.