Experience on a wide range of sports programming, including Live OB’s, quick turnaround highlights, documentaries, magazine shows
Aurora is a multi award-winning agency renowned for capturing breath-taking global content across sport, adventure & lifestyle. Aurora's signature is in leading edge and original media, delivering a portfolio of premium content for rights owners, brands, broadcasters and platforms worldwide. Our team of over 50 have worked in over 40 countries in 10 years and are the proud recipients of numerous industry awards.
Aurora is looking for a London-based Craft Producer experienced in sports production to start ASAP to help upcoming sports broadcast projects, with a focus on non-live formats.
- Conceiving and developing creative programme openers/features and managing from conception to delivery.
- Creating compelling mood boards and treatments that clearly convey shoot briefs and requirements.
- Communicating clearly and efficiently with clients.
- Effective planning and organisation of multiple shoots on a busy delivery schedule.
- Producing and directing multi-camera shoots.Responsibility for delivery of the programme on time and on budget to agreed specification
- Assist in the definition of the editorial content and direction of the programme, alongside the Series/Senior/Executive Producer as appropriate
- Recruitment of freelance members of production team where necessary
- To prepare the production schedule and budget alongside the Production Manager
- Overseeing post-production of programmes, including graphics and sound
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties which are within the scope and purpose of the job
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience as a Producer or considerable experience as an Assistant Producer in television production
- Experience of edit producing programmes of at least 26 mins in length
- Experience of writing scripts for a range of programmes and features
- Experience of directing single camera shoots, sourcing and interviewing contributors
- Specialist sports knowledge in at least one sport and contacts in that field (for use as contributors, presenters, voice-over, commentators etc)
- Understanding of production budgets
- Experience of line managing junior team members
- Experience of dealing with Talent (eg presenters, commentators, athletes)
- Ability to make editorial decisions without direct supervision
- Maintain good client/broadcaster relationships where appropriate
- Ensure compliance with regulations and codes of practice
- Health and Safety Production Training
- GDPR Training
- Experience on a wide range of sports programming, including Live OB’s, quick turnaround highlights, documentaries, magazine shows
- Shooting on DV
- Voice-over skills
- A second language
- Superb client liaison and communication
- Personable, calm in a crisis
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and be good at motivating people
- Be good at problem-solving
- Passion for sport
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances:
- Travel to shoots / client meetings may be required
- Tight deadlines to meet occasionally, unsocial hours
- Flexibility in working times including weekend working is needed for events.
Please send in your CV to email@example.com and a cover letter. In your cover letter please include:
- Your rate
- Your yearly salary expectation
- Any showreels or links to content you have created and produced
At AMW, we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all of our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from underrepresented groups and welcome applicants from individuals, regardless of their background.