At least 3 year’s experience developing long and mid-form documentaries, series and formats for major international broadcasters, streamers, brands and digital channels
Original documentary development
Experience pitching content commissioners
Sports, adventure, lifestyle content experience
Strong digital, TV and film understanding
Strong presentation skills
6 Month Freelance position with opportunity to go Perm
Aurora Media is looking for a Development Producer with a love of premium documentaries and a passion for sport, adventure and lifestyle content. This is an Initial 6-month contract with a view to become permanent for the right person.
The successful candidate will have experience developing long and mid-form documentaries, series and formats for major international broadcasters, streamers, digital channels and brands.
The job entails:
• Researching ideas and conceptualising formats
• Securing access and interviewing contributors
• Designing pitch decks (eg in Keynote, InDesign)
• Pitching to commissioners
• Working with editors / preditors to film and edit sizzle, pitch and promotional reels
Candidates should be great at generating ideas with top notch creative writing skills. The ability to research and develop narrative and editorial are essential, and previous experience pitching to commissioners is essential. Candidates need to be able to bring ideas to life in compelling pitch decks/presentations using Keynote/Powerpoint/Photoshop /InDesign etc.
The successful candidate will need to be highly self-motivated, working with the initiative to take on responsibility while regularly communicating with senior stakeholders. Beyond creative and production expertise, strong presentation and communication skills are therefore fundamental, ensuring the wider Aurora team as well as clients maintain a strong understanding of development best practice and Aurora’s slate of original and brand projects
This is a fantastic opportunity working for an award-winning company that makes compelling and narrative driven feature documentaries across sport and adventure topics around the world.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 year’s experience developing long and mid-form documentaries, series and formats for major international broadcasters, streamers and digital channels.
- Previous experience pitching to commissioners is essential.
- Excellent copywriting, storytelling, and creative content development abilities
- Able to work in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment, including working with the initiative to take on responsibility and proactively problem solve
- Highly self-motivated individual, excellent at negotiating with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally across many different departments and stakeholders
- Love of sports, adventure, fashion, culture and lifestyle topics
- Established experience using the Adobe Creative cloud. Adobe Premiere (Essential), After Effects & Photoshop
- Strong digital understanding as well as TV / Film - we are seeking social media serial users who can demonstrate a complete understanding of the platforms, resulting in the production of original content in either a personal or professional capacity
- Good presentation skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good client liaison and communication
- Can do attitude
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc
- Some Travel to shoots / client pitches as required
- Tight deadlines to meet, sometimes unsocial hours for event based projects
Please send in your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter please include:
- Your rate
- Your yearly salary expectation
- Any showreels or links to content you have created and produced
At Aurora, we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all of our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from underrepresented groups and welcome applicants from individuals, regardless of their background.